Monday, February 23, 2009

Missing You, Mom

Last picture of Mom & I ...taken on her 79th birthday...9.27.2002
My mother at 23...she hated her glasses, and her name, and her fuzzy hair...I think she was beautiful and really did not even know it.

Today marks the 6th anniversary of my Mom's passing. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of her, and wish that she was still here. I can look at pictures, and see her face, but after 6 years, I can no longer hear her voice. I miss that voice. I miss my Mom. *elaine*

6 comments:

trash talk said...

I love your mother's laugh in the first photo. I still miss my mother, too, but weren't we blessed for the time we had? Debbie

Ki said...

Your post reminds me to cherish every minute I have with my mom this winter. Thank you.
Peace,
Ki

Shara said...

Bless your heart. A mom is everything - I know. My thoughts are with you today.

(And your box of junk in enroute...)

Anonymous said...

I miss mine too. She was a pistol, a piece of work, fearless. But she went the way she would have wanted. No sickness, no hospitals, no tubes. Just boom-gone. Bless your heart!

Mary Kay Andrews said...

wait, that was me posting. i meant to sign, not go anonymous. bless your heart twice.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I lost my mom 4 years ago March 1st and also, for me, not a day goes by that I do not miss her to the core of my soul. An ache that is constant. She was my yard saling, shopping, thrift store buddy. She loved it as much as I did. I covet every minute I had with her. I feel your pain...


Lou Cinda