Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Seven Days of Thankful...Day 4

Tuesday...November 24th....it's my birthday!! Today I am thankful for my parents, Amy & Arthur, for bringing me into this world 55 years ago! I was born on Thanksgiving eve, so this holiday has always been special to me. Some years my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, and when I was younger I thought it was a holiday just for me! My Mom would always wait until 6:21 pm to wish me a Happy Birthday, and after moving out on my own, I never felt I had turned that new age until I got her call. Hard to believe that 55 years have passed, both of my parents are no longer with us...but I feel so thankful today for the life & the love that they gave me. Thank you, Mom & Dad. I'll miss my 6:21 phone call....*elaine*
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Marge said...

Happy birthday, dear friend! I hope your day is totally wonderful. Wishing you a great Thanksgiving, too.

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

Elaine...I had to click out of my reader to come tell you "Happy Birthday!"
Your picture is so iconic! It could easily be someone in my family. I am 52, so we have tons of family photos just like this! Isn't it wonderful how are parents dressed? I love that photo! so adorable!
Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving!
gail

~~Carol~~ said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! I hope you get to do something fun. Like junking! And have a great Thanksgiving too!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! Wishing you the best birthday and a Happy Thanksgiving too.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Fancy Fodder said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope your holidays are wonderful, too.
xoxoxo

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Love the 6:21 Happy Birthday wish. What a special way to remember the day. Hope your birthday is glorious!

Kudzu said...

Happy Birthday, Friend-Girl! What a sweet 7 days of thanks.
hope you're resting up nicely physically and spiritually!
kudzu

trash talk said...

Happy birthday, darlin'. 55 is just getting started! Have a wonderful one!
Debbie

Donna Lee said...

Happy Birthday

Carole said...

Happy belated birthday.

I'd also like to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.