Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Seven Days of Thankful...Day 4

Tuesday...November 24th....it's my birthday!! Today I am thankful for my parents, Amy & Arthur, for bringing me into this world 55 years ago! I was born on Thanksgiving eve, so this holiday has always been special to me. Some years my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, and when I was younger I thought it was a holiday just for me! My Mom would always wait until 6:21 pm to wish me a Happy Birthday, and after moving out on my own, I never felt I had turned that new age until I got her call. Hard to believe that 55 years have passed, both of my parents are no longer with us...but I feel so thankful today for the life & the love that they gave me. Thank you, Mom & Dad. I'll miss my 6:21 phone call....*elaine*
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Happy birthday, dear friend! I hope your day is totally wonderful. Wishing you a great Thanksgiving, too.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Elaine...I had to click out of my reader to come tell you "Happy Birthday!"
Your picture is so iconic! It could easily be someone in my family. I am 52, so we have tons of family photos just like this! Isn't it wonderful how are parents dressed? I love that photo! so adorable!
Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving!
gail

★Carol★ said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! I hope you get to do something fun. Like junking! And have a great Thanksgiving too!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Elaine! Wishing you the best birthday and a Happy Thanksgiving too.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope your holidays are wonderful, too.
xoxoxo

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Love the 6:21 Happy Birthday wish. What a special way to remember the day. Hope your birthday is glorious!

Kudzu said...

Happy Birthday, Friend-Girl! What a sweet 7 days of thanks.
hope you're resting up nicely physically and spiritually!
kudzu

trash talk said...

Happy birthday, darlin'. 55 is just getting started! Have a wonderful one!
Debbie

Donna Lee said...

Happy Birthday

Carole said...

Happy belated birthday.

I'd also like to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.