Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mirror Re*do...Part 2
















Finally got the little green mirror hung in it's new home, and remembered my camera so I could take some pictures. It fit great in the oak bookcase, and now I'm just waiting for our sorority sunglasses and displays to come in so I can finish putting the whole thing together. My boss loved it...especially the word PeRfEct! on the glass. I think she finally gets it! Also snapped a couple other pics of a few junk pieces I found and dragged to work. It's given me a whole new place to store things!! LOL :o} In the pics above the mirror are some vintage In baskets I found in the junky area of a local thrift shop. I was going to paint them for the shop, but decided if I bring them home again to use, I'd want them in their unpainted state. They worked perfectly for the new paper items we'll be carrying this year. In the final 2 pictures, which are actually the first 2 pictures...(I get so annoyed with blogger for the way it posts pictures at times)...but I digress...is a badmitton racquet I found at another thrift & added some ribbons & "pearls" and attached to our key chain display that was looking a little tired. We have a lot of high school & college age girls in and out the store, and so far, they all like the new look...I think I may be on to something good. The shop has been in business for 29 years,and I know need to be a bit more creative to keep things fresh and appealing. What better way than by more JUNKING!!! Yah!! Have a good week...happy junking. *elaine*

3 comments:

svelteSTUFF said...

WONDERFUL 'infusions' to the store!! Nicely done.

gail said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, and "following" me.
Cool blog, and I love the name of your blog!
My prayers go to you and your family.

The Elegant Thrifter said...

The racket is really clever. So cute, funny and appealing!

Stan